Sharp Aquos LC52D82U 52-Inch 1080p LCD HDTV

Product Description

The 52 AQUOS LC52D82U sets a new standard for large-screen flat-panel TVs. With Full HD Spec 1080p resolution, dramatically enhanced black level and an elegant new design, it produces a breathtaking picture quality that is second to none. The LC52D82U utilizes the next generation of sharp‘s proprietary Advanced Super View/Black TFT Panel with multi-pixel technology�, providing 10,000:1 Dynamic Contrast Ratio, 4ms response time and wide viewing angles (176°H x 176°V). In addition, the LC52D82U include 120Hz frame rate conversion for the ultimate in fast-motion image processing. The LC52D82U is HD with built-in ATSC / QAM / NTSC tuners and include 3 HDMI� inputs, compatible with 1080p signals, and 2 HD 1080p component video inputs. The LC52D82U features a sleek piano black cabinet, with subtle, recessed bottom mounted speakers and a unique blue LED light under the sharp logo. The included table stand easily removes for wall mounting applications.

Customer Buzz
Bought the tv as a Circuit City close-out. Was defective when I brought it home. I assumed Sharp would replace it with new since it is 2 days old. They are insisting on a repair after a week wait. I had to call twice to get that info. Very disappointing customer service. Very disappointing experience with Aquos so far.

Customer Buzz
About one year ago I purchased the Sharp 52″ LCD TV. I am very happy with this purchase. The picture has excellent sharpness and color, with no color banding as experienced with some of the earlier versions.

This TV has performed perfectly with no problems. A very nice feature of this TV is the automatic picture level control, which controls the level of brightness of the video under variable room lighting conditions, especially on a partly cloudy day, when the lighting constantly changes.

The audio is good if you do not use maximum bass setting, as setting bass level too high overdrives the built-in speakers at high audio levels. The audio is surprisingly good at normal settings with the bottom mounted internal speakers.

Don’t be afraid to explore all the video settings to achieve the picture that will please you, as it takes some experimenting to get this right, but it’s worth it.

I highly recommend this TV after using it for almost one year. This is my 3rd Sharp TV….all with excellent reliability.

Customer Buzz
read the reviews, did the research, took a chance and purchased through amazon and their affiliates. It was a wonderful experience. No hard sell for anything like you would find if you purchased from some of those other sites. About the only down side is the screen reflects a muted shine from a light that the prior TV (panasonic plasma)did not reflect.

Customer Buzz
I am very happy with the product. it is easy to set up and once I hook it up with a blue ray player, I was amazed by the quality of the pictures.

I saw some other brands that are cheaper than sharp but you get a much better TV with sharp.

Customer Buzz
I purchased the tv through amazon warehouse, i was a little skeptical abouting spending so much money for a refurb that i have not even seen but i decided to give it a try since it was for $1600. I was between this a samsung lnt5271 and xbr4, the sony was just to expensive and i was worried about the glare from the samsung so i decided to try the sharp even though i saw some many people complaining about banding issues. I have seen a little when it comes to the whites but it is something you really have to look for, the ps3 looks awsome and i cant really imagine a much clear picture. And the tv looks great the floating glass is a very nice touch. I recied the tv a little late it took close to 3 weeks getting it, i think it was a issue with the warehouse, but for the price i couldn complain, delivery people were great.

Somes cons,

very little banding but like i said you really have to look for it, i was not impressed with the sound at all, it is nothing like the sony i had but i have a bose system to do most of the movies and games, but for a tv that cost that much i really expected better. I can also see that if the tv was mounted and you did not have a month that is expandable it would be had to connet things since there is no side inputs. the last thing was the auto sizing of the pic, its not very good at switching on its own from hd channes to regular air most of the time you have to manually switch it back from strech to dot by dot, that can get kinda annoying.

Other then that the picture is really nice and i guess thats the most important part right? I also recomend using amazon so far there customer service seems to be great but then agian i have not had many issues so i guess we will see.

Customer Buzz
First and foremost, the picture is wonderful. The color, brightness, viewing angle, etc., are all terrific. That said, there are a couple of things I found annoying and perplexing…

1. When mounted on the wall, the power, inputs, and outputs are all unreachable. If you need to add or change a cable, it means pulling the TV of of the wall. It would have been much better if all of the connections were placed along the side or bottom, so that they were accessible while the unit was on the wall.

2. The mount points for the wall mount are too close together. This leads to the TV feeling wobbly when mounted on the wall. I guess it’s secure, but the amount of play doesn’t instill much confidence.

All-in-all, I’m very happy with the TV. It’s just a shame Sharp didn’t put a little more thought into the physical design of the unit.

Customer Buzz
What more needs to be said? This thing is awesome! The picture is phenomenal. Easy set-up. Terrific anti-glare. Even good surround sound (if you don’t have another system in place). Highly recommend it. There’s a reason why it is considered one of the best on the market.

Customer Buzz
Of the four generations of Sharp Aquos HD televisions, this is the third generation and the first to actually get the picture right. Yea, you can spend more on the latest and greatest, but with the full 1080p that this tv gives you, you WILL NOT be regretting this purchase.

And on top of that, you save a ton of money getting it here than at say a best buy. I was a little weary as a first time amazon customer for a big purchase, but everything worked out great.

Customer Buzz
I have owned this TV for about a month and I can honestly say I would highly recommend it. There are plenty of people at avsforum complaining about banding and I must say you would have to struggle to ever see any. I think most these guys are looking for problems instead of enjoying the TV. They do have great calibration settings though. Trust me though I compared Samsung, Sony, and Sharp and for the price hands down the best deal out there! Samsung and Sony have clouding issues and this TV doesn’t. By far this TV has an amazing picture with the 120hz and 4ms response. I watch MLB, Golf, and movies in HD and it is amazing. Truly the best HDTV I have seen for sports or movies.

3 HDMI ports, and 2 composite are also 1080p. If not having a computer hookup scares you off know this TV was made to handle one so just buy an DVI-HDMI adapter and enjoy. I Watch DVD’s with a normal DVD that up converts and it looks great. SD shows look as good as any LCD I have ever seen. You won’t go wrong with this TV buy it and enjoy the best black levels you will see on an LCD and the first I chose over a plasma. AWESOME TV!

About Sharp Aquos LC52D82U 52-Inch 1080p LCD HDTV detail

• Amazon Sales Rank: #42805 in Consumer Electronics
  • Color: Black
  • Brand: Sharp
  • Model: LC52D82U
  • Released on: 2007-03-14
  • Dimensions: 34.45″ h x 12.17″ w x 50.13″ l, 92.60 pounds
  • Display size: 52

Features

• 52″ HDTV LCD-TV with Full HD 1080p Resolution
  • 120Hz Frame Rate Conversion
  • Five 1080p inputs (3 HDMI, 2 Component)
  • 10,000:1 Dynamic Contrast Ratio
  • 4ms Response Time

Read more Sharp Aquos LC52D82U 52-Inch 1080p LCD HDTV

Related Product

Source From Deals Shopping Reviews
Hope you guys had a great weekend
Cheers